Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Genes so nice we made them twice ; )

Two weeks after finding out we were going to be parents by the years end, we had our first ultrasound. . .

Some whispering between the Tech and Doctor led me to have anxiety that something was not okay. Sitting in the cold room, puzzled looks of wonderment from two first time "parents-to-be" trying to understand the image we're looking at and if everything is okay, the Doctor finally says:

"Do twins run in either side of your families?"

HA!
 I laughed out loud at the Doctor's words.
Surely he was kidding...right?
But then I let his remark sink in...
My future in laws DID miscarry a twin pregnancy the year before their first son (my boyfriend) was born. 
And okay, my mom's oldest brother had fraternal twin girls...
But twins for us - What are the odds?

"The odds of having identical twins is about 3 in 1,000, whereas the birthrate for all twins is about 32.2 in 1,000" 

Ultrasounds have shown that we are having mono zygotic twins or rather, Identical twins! 
Despite twins "running in both sides of our family" our twins are simply a random occurrence. 
Ohhh boy, our life is going to get a lot crazier around here. 
And we couldn't be more excited. . . 
: )


My boys <3 <3 <3 


No comments:

Post a Comment